Certified Manager of Software Testing: (CMST)
Examination Availability Worldwide: (CMST)
Applicant Prerequisites: (CMST)
- Currently hold an active CSTE Certification (recommended, but not required).
- Be working in the field covered by the certification designation.
- Be prepared to take the required manager’s level examination.
AND meet one of the following three prerequisites:
- A bachelor’s degree from accredited college-level institution & 4 years experience in the software testing field
- An associate degree & 6 years experience in the software testing field
- Eight years of experience in the software testing field.
An applicant for certification must adhere to the Code of Ethics that outlines the ethical behaviors expected of all certified professionals by the ISCB.
Depending upon a compliance sample selected according to program criteria, the applicant may be required to provide upon request detailed education, employment, and reference documentation supporting the information entered in the Customer Portal during the application process. If selected the applicant must supply the required documentation and those who fail to provide the requested documentation may be subject to decertification.
Initial Application & Fee: (CMST)
- $450.00 ~ All fees to be paid in US Dollars (see Payment Policy).
- Instant access to a PDF file of the Software Testing Body of Knowledge for CMST (STBOK) (609 pages) which is a useful tool to help prepare for the exam. After payment go to the BOK Manuals page of Customer Portal for access.
- The candidates Initial Exam which must be taken within one year from the date payment was processed or the application will expire (see Application Length).
Make sure the first / last names entered when creating an account matches what is on your government issued photo ID (i.e. drivers license, passport). DO NOT abbreviate or use a nickname. If they do not match when presenting your ID at check-in you will NOT be granted entrance to the examination.
If you had an active CSTE certification at the time of applying for the CMST, once you become a CMST certificant then your CSTE will remain active and mirror the CMST as long it remains active. CSTE certifications are not subject to reactivation if expired prior to applying for the CMST certification.
Examination Details: (CMST)
- Test Management
- Test Analysis
- Test Planning and Execution
- Communications and Relationships
- Part 1 – Constructed response / essay (7 questions each – subjective / 75 minute time limit).
- Part 2 – Constructed response / essay (5 questions each – subjective / 75 minute time limit).
Exam Scheduling: (CMST)
You will also find details and instructions on how complete various things with Pearson VUE such as Locating a Testing Center, Scheduling, Confirming Appointments, Rescheduling / Cancelling a Scheduled Examination, Admission Policy, and much more.
If you have any questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.