Code of Ethics
A distinguishing mark of a profession is the acceptance of responsibility by its members to the interests of those it serves. Those certified must maintain high standards of conduct in order to effectively discharge their responsibility. An applicant for certification must adhere to the Code of Ethics that outlines the ethical behaviors expected of all certified professionals by the International Software Certification Board (ISCB). The ISCB includes processes and procedures for monitoring certificant adherence to these policies. Failure to adhere to the requirements of the Code is grounds for decertification of the individual by the ISCB.
A distinguishing mark of a profession is acceptance by its members of responsibility to the interests of those it serves. Those certified must maintain high standards of conduct in order to effectively discharge their responsibility.
This code of ethics is applicable to all certified by Software Certifications. Acceptance of any certification designation is a voluntary action. By acceptance, those certified assume an obligation of self-discipline above and beyond the requirements of laws and regulations.
The standards of conduct set forth in this code of ethics provide basic principles in the practice of information services quality assurance. Those certified should realize that their individual judgment is required in the application of these principles.
Those certified shall use their respective designations with discretion and in a dignified manner, fully aware of what the designation denotes. The designation shall also be used in a manner consistent with all statutory requirements.
Those certified who are judged by the Software Certifications Board to be in violation of the standards of conduct of the code of ethics shall be subject to forfeiture of their designation.
Professional Code of Conduct
Software Certifications certificate holders shall:
- Exercise honesty, objectivity, and diligence in the performance of their duties and responsibilities.
- Exhibit loyalty in all matters pertaining to the affairs of their organization or to whomever they may be rendering a service. However, they shall not knowingly be party to any illegal or improper activity.
- Not engage in acts or activities which are discreditable to the profession of information services quality assurance or their organization.
- Refrain from entering any activity that may be in conflict with the interest of their organization or would prejudice their ability to carry out objectively their duties and responsibilities.
- Not accept anything of value from an employee, client, customer, supplier, or business associate of their organization that would impair or be presumed to impair their professional judgment and integrity.
- Undertake only those services that they can reasonably expect to complete with professional competence.
- Be prudent in the use of information acquired in the course of their duties. They shall not use confidential information for any personal gain nor in any manner that would be contrary to law or detrimental to the welfare of their organization.
- Reveal all material facts known to them that, if not revealed, could either distort reports of operation under review or conceal unlawful practices.
- Continually strive for improvement in their proficiency, and in the effectiveness and quality of their service.
- In the practice of their profession, shall be ever mindful of their obligation to maintain the high standards of competence, morality, and dignity promulgated by this code of ethics.
- Maintain and improve their professional competency through continuing education.
- Cooperate in the development and interchange of knowledge for mutual professional benefit.
- Maintain high personal standards of moral responsibility, character, and business integrity.