Acquiring the designation of Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) indicates a professional level of competence in the principles and practices of quality assurance in the IT profession. CSQA’s become members of a recognized professional group and receive recognition of their competence by business and professional associates, potentially more rapid career advancement, and greater acceptance in the role as advisor to management.
Examination Availability: (CSQA)
With the move to Pearson VUE Testing Centers as its partner for the administration of certification examinations worldwide there will no longer be a fixed schedule posted with dates / locations as in previous year.
Exams are offered daily at Pearson VUE Testing Centers and seats for the exams are based on availability at each site which depends on when you are planning to schedule an exam. The farther out you attempt to schedule an exam the better the chances are of finding a seat so plan accordingly.
As a general rule most Pearson VUE Testing Centers are open Monday – Friday, however in some locations that may vary. The majority of test centers are open in the morning and late afternoon and a handful have opted to stay open on the weekends.
Waiting until the last minute to try and schedule an exam is not recommended, especially if your application is about to expire as there is no guarantee you will be able to find a seat at a center before the application does expires. If you are unsure of the application expiration status email
Applicant Prerequisites: (CSQA)
To qualify for candidacy, each applicant must meet ONE of four prerequisites listed below:
- A 4-year degree from accredited college-level institution & 2 years experience in the information services field
- A 3-year degree from accredited college-level institution & 3 years experience in the information services field
- A 2-year degree from accredited college-level institution & 4 years experience in the information services field
- Six years experience in the information services field
Are working, or have worked at any time within the prior 18 months, in the field within covered by the certification designation.
An applicant for certification must adhere to the Code of Ethics that outlines the ethical behaviors expected of all certified professionals by the ISCB.
Depending upon a compliance sample selected according to program criteria, the applicant may be required to provide upon request detailed education, employment, and reference documentation supporting the information entered in the Customer Portal during the application process. If selected the applicant must supply the required documentation and those who fail to provide the requested documentation may be subject to decertification.
Initial Application & Fee: (CSQA)
For those who qualify for the CSQA certification and are prepared to establish candidacy must complete an online Certification Candidacy Application in the Customer Portal and pay the application fee.The CSQA application fee is:
- $350 or $420 ~ All fees to be paid in US Dollars (see Payment Policy).
The application fee includes the following:
- Instant access to a PDF file of the (551 pages) which is a useful tool to help prepare for the exam. After payment go to the CBOK Manuals page of Customer Portal for access. The $420 fee also includes a book of the CBOK materials (same content as found on the PDF).
- The candidates Initial Exam which must be taken within one year from the date payment was processed or the application will expire (see Application Length).
To apply for the CSQA certification candidates must first login to their Customer Portal account. If new to the Portal then they will need to create one by clicking on the Register Now link, and then the Register as a New User tab.
Make sure the first / last names entered when creating an account matches what is on your government issued photo ID (i.e. drivers license, passport). DO NOT abbreviate or use a nickname. If they do not match when presenting your ID at check-in you will NOT be granted entrance to the examination.Â Examination Details / Format: (CSQA)Candidates are tested on their knowledge and practice of the skill areas defined in the . The exam itself consists of two parts:
- Parts 1 – Multiple choice (100 questions each – objective / 75 minute time limit)
- Parts 2 – Short answer / essay (12 questions each – subjective / 75 minute time limit).
There is a total of 112 questions and the exam will take over 2 1/2 hours to complete which includes an optional 10 minute break after part one. The passing mark is 70% which is the average score of both parts.All exams at Pearson VUE Testing Centers are computer-based.
Exam Scheduling: (CSQA)
For details on how to schedule a CSQA exam visit the Examination Scheduling information page.
You will also find details and instructions on how complete various things with Pearson VUE such as Locating a Testing Center, Scheduling, Confirming Appointments, Rescheduling / Cancelling a Scheduled Examination, Admission Policy, and much more.
If you have any questions please feel free to email us at.