Certified Software Tester: (CSTE)
The Certified Software Tester (CSTE) certification is intended to establish standards for initial qualification and provide direction for the testing function through an aggressive educational program. Acquiring the designation of Certified Software Tester (CSTE) indicates a professional level of competence in the principles and practices of quality control in the IT profession. CSTE’s become members of a recognized professional group and receive recognition of their competence by business and professional associates, potentially more rapid career advancement, and greater acceptance in the role as advisor to management.
Examination Availability: (CSTE)
Applicant Prerequisites: (CSTE)
To qualify for candidacy, each applicant must meet ONE of four prerequisites listed below:
An applicant for certification must adhere to the Code of Ethics that outlines the ethical behaviors expected of all certified professionals by the ISCB.
Initial Application & Fee: (CSTE)
The CSTE application fee is:
- $350 or $420 ~ All fees to be paid in US Dollars (see Payment Policy).
- Instant access to a PDF file of the Software Testing Body of Knowledge for CSTE (STBOK) (557 pages) which is a useful tool to help prepare for the exam. After payment go to the BOK Manuals page of Customer Portal for access. The $420 fee also includes a book of the STBOK materials (same content as found on the PDF).
- The candidates Initial Exam which must be taken within one year from the date payment was processed or the application will expire (see Application Length).
To apply for the CSTE certification candidates must first login to their Customer Portal account. If new to the Portal then they will need to create one by clicking on the Register Now link, and then the Register as a New User tab.
Make sure the first / last names entered when creating an account matches what is on your government issued photo ID (i.e. drivers license, passport). DO NOT abbreviate or use a nickname. If they do not match when presenting your ID at check-in you will NOT be granted entrance to the examination.
Examination Details / Format: (CSTE)
- Parts 1 – Multiple choice (100 questions each – objective / 75 minute time limit)
- Parts 2 – Short answer / essay (12 questions each – subjective / 75 minute time limit).
Exam Scheduling: (CSTE)
If you have any questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.