1) What is software certification?
2) Why become certified?
- Software Testing
- Foundation Level: Certified Associate in Software Testing (CAST)
- Practitioner Level: Certified Software Tester (CSTE)
- Manager Level: Certified Manager of Software Testing (CMST)
- Software Quality Assurance
- Foundation Level: Certified Associate in Software Quality (CASQ)
- Practitioner Level: Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA)
- Manager Level: Certified Manager of Software Quality (CMSQ)
- Software Business Analysis
- Foundation Level: Certified Associate Business Analyst (CABA)
- Practitioner Level: Certified Software Business Analyst (CSBA)
3) What is the cost of the certification?
- The price of certification depends on the level of certification.
- The foundation levels CAST, CASQ and CABA are $100.
- The practitioner level CSTE, CSQA and CSBA is $350.
- The Managerial level CMST and CMSQ is $450.
4) How can I Pay?
5728 Major Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32819
Payments can be made by wire transfer drawn in $US dollars. The account information for a wire transfer can be found on the invoice.
Program fees paid are NOT refundable or transferable.
All fees are subject to change.
5) Where/How do I register for the Exam?
6) How long is the certification valid?
7) What is the passing score?
8) Is there a facility near me?
The exams are delivered worldwide at Pearson Vue Testing Centers. To find a testing center near you follow this link.
Click on the “Find a test center” on the far right of the website page.
Exams are offered daily at Pearson VUE Testing Centers and seats for the exams are based on availability at each site which depends on when you are planning to schedule an exam. The farther out you attempt to schedule an exam the better the chances are of finding a seat so plan accordingly.
As a general rule most Pearson VUE Testing Centers are open Monday – Friday, however in some locations that may vary. The majority of test centers are open in the morning and late afternoon and a handful have opted to stay open on the weekends.
Waiting until the last minute to try and schedule an exam is not recommended, especially if your application is about to expire as there is no guarantee you will be able to find a seat at a center before the application does expires. If you are unsure of the application expiration status email email@example.com
9) How can I reschedule the Exam?
To Reschedule / Cancel an existing appointment follow the instructions found at the bottom of the page of the following link: http://www.softwarecertifications.org/process/scheduling-an-exam/
10) How do I recertify?
The certified professional must recertify every three years. During that three-year period the certified professional must complete ONE of the following:
1. Submitting a Recertification Journal of qualified Continuing Professional Education (CPE) activities
2. Taking a Recertification Examination to demonstrate the maintenance of the certification. OR
3. Become certified in a higher level certification within the current certification domain (software testing, software quality assurance, software business analysis). Example, an individual who is a Certified Software Tester (CSTE) who applies for and passes the Certified Manager of Software Testing (CMST) exam will have the CSTE automatically recertified and in each subsequent certification cycle will only need to recertify the CMST to maintain both CSTE and CMST certifications.
11) Why do I need to recertify?
- Attend professional conferences to stay aware of activities and trends in the profession,
- Take education and training courses to continually update skills and competencies,
- Develop and offer training to share knowledge and skills with other professionals and the public,
- Publish information in order to disseminate personal, project, and research experiences, and,
- Participate in the profession through active committee memberships and formal special interest groups.
12) What is the cost of recertification?
If selecting to recertify by Journal, a $100 USD administrative fee (subject to change), per certification, will be due at the same time as your Recertification Journal. Payment MUST be included to process your submission.
If selecting to recertify by examination, a $200 USD administrative and examination fee (subject to change), per certification, will be due at the time you apply for the recertification exam. You MUST pass the exam to become recertified.
If selecting to recertify by becoming certified in a higher level certification, the certification application fee associated with the higher level certification will apply. If you apply for a higher level certification, your current certification will not expire during the one-year period provided to prepare for and take the higher level exam.