Active certificant’s may choose to recertify by examination. Certificant’s who select this option will be tested on their knowledge and practice of the skill areas defined in the current Common Body of Knowledge of the certification planning to recertify.
The Recertification by Examination fee is:
$200 US (Payment Policy)
Certificant’s only have ONE attempt to take / pass the recertification examination which MUST be scheduled / taken BEFORE the certification expiration date.
Waiting until the last minute is not recommended for this recertification option as there is no guarantee you will be able to find a date / seat to take the examination before the expiration date so plan accordingly. Once fees are paid they are not refundable (see Payment Policy) so make sure you have ample time to schedule / take the examination before the expiration date as there will be no extensions granted.
How to Select the Examination Option to Recertify
To recertify by examination follow the instructions outlined below.
- First, make sure the certification you are looking to recertify by examination is available at Pearson VUE.
- Go to your Customer Portal account.
- Go to the My Certification and/or Recertification page.
- Click on the Examination for Recertification link.
- The following pop-up message will appear
“I want to recertify by taking the examination. I will NOT have the option of using the online journal once I pay for the examination”
- Review and click OK to select the examination option ONLY if absolutely sure.
- Select your Certification Payment Option.
- From the drop-down select a Referring Chapter / Associate if applicable.
- Click the Pay for Candidacy tab.
- Select your Payment Method (credit card / invoice) and click the Use This Payment Method tab.
- For Credit Card payments enter the required information and the click the Submit Payment tab, then Exit.If Invoicing verify all is correct and then click on the Submit Candidacy tab, then Exit.
If selected the invoice option, scheduling is NOT permitted of the recertification examination until payment has been received.
Once you complete the steps outlined above it is FINAL and you will not be able to switch to recertification by journal so make sure you reviewed all the information for both before making a selection.
Scheduling an Examination
Once the recertification by examination process is complete, the method for scheduling your exam is the same as was used during your initial application for certification process.
If you have any questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Pearson VUE
Pearson VUE delivers millions of high-stakes tests a year across the globe for clients in the licensure, certification, academic admissions, regulatory, and government testing service markets. It boasts the world’s leading test center network, with over 5,000 test centers in 175 countries, 230 of which are fully-owned and operated Pearson Professional Centers. Pearson Professional Centers utilize a patent-winning design, which was created specifically for high-stakes testing and offers a carefully controlled, consistent testing environment.